|Course Name: Chemistry A Level
What will you study?
- Module 1 Development of practical skills
- Module 2 Foundations in Chemistry
- Module 3 Periodic table and energy
- Module 4 Core organic chemistry and analysis
- Module 5 Physical chemistry and transition elements
- Module 6 Organic chemistry and analysis
What skills will you develop?
- Develop essential knowledge and understanding of different areas of chemistry and how they relate to each other
- Develop and demonstrate a deep appreciation of the skills, knowledge and understanding of scientific methods
- Develop competence and confidence in a variety of practical, mathematical and problem solving skills
- Develop interest in and enthusiasm for Chemistry including developing an interest in further study and careers associated with Chemistry
- Understand how society makes decisions about scientific issues and how the sciences contribute to the success of the economy and society (as exemplified in ‘How Science Works’ (HSW)).
How will you be assessed?
Paper 1 Periodic table, elements and physical chemistry 2h 15 mins 37%
Paper 2 Synthesis and analytical techniques 2h 15 mins 37%
Paper 3 Unified chemistry 1h 30mins 26%
Non-exam assessment-practical endorsement for Chemistry Pass/Fail