|Course Name: Biology A Level
What will you study?
Module 1 - Development of Practical skills
Module 2 - Foundations in Biology
Module 3 - Exchange and Transport
Module 4 - Biodiversity, evolution and disease
Module 5 - Communication, homeostasis, and energy
Module 6 - Genetics, evolution and ecosystems
What skills will you develop?
You will develop a wide range of theoretical and practical based skills including:
- Develop essential knowledge and understanding of different areas of Biology and how they relate to each other
- Develop and demonstrate a deep appreciation of the skills, knowledge and understanding of scientific methods
- Develop competence and confidence in a variety of practical, mathematical and problem solving skills
- Develop your interest in and enthusiasm for the subject, including developing an interest in further study and careers associated with Biology
- Understand how society makes decisions about scientific issues and how the sciences contribute to the success of the economy and society
How will you be assessed?
Paper 1 - Biological processes - 2hr 15min - 37%
Paper 2 - Biological diversity - 2hr 15min - 37%
Paper 3 - Unified Biology - 1hr 30min - 26%
Non exam assessment - Practical endorsement for biology - Pass/Fail
(Assessment is in summer of second year)