The Duke of Edinburgh Award Programme is a real adventure from beginning to end. It doesn’t matter who you are or where you’re from, you just need to be aged between 14 and 24, and realise there is more to life than sitting on a sofa watching life pass you by.
At Orleans Park, we are open up applications for students in Year 9 for the Duke of Edinburgh's Bronze Award. Once signed up, Year 9s work towards this award in Year 10, culminating in the expedition in the summer term. This is a scheme in over 140 countries which aims to introduce young people to exciting, positive, challenging and enjoyable things to do in their free time.
The Bronze Award is your first (muddy boot) step on your Duke of Edinburgh journey. The award consists of four sections outlined below. These are designed to challenge but reward you. Remember the more you put in, the greater your experience!
How does it work?
- Volunteering: GIVING UP YOUR OWN TIME TO HELP OTHERS. This can be anything from volunteering in a charity shop, helping to run a sport's club or working with the environment in a local park or nature reserve.
- Physical: PLAYING a sport regularly. Any activity which improves your health or physical fitness counts so going to the gym, playing club football, swimming, or boccia all are perfect for this section.
- Skill: DOING A HOBBY. Examples include: playing a musical instrument, performing magic, web design, but feel free to challenge yourself. Why not try rocket making or snail farming?
- Expedition: Two separate two-day trekking and camping excursions into the English countryside. Be prepared to push yourself physically and mentally and, of course, have a barrel of laughs!
Why do it?
The main reason is to have fun and challenge yourself. However, it also looks great on application forms for colleges, universities and jobs. People are always impressed that you have the determination to see the Award through.
Bronze Award Application 2023-24
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about applications for the Bronze DofE Award.
- If you are assigned a place on the programme you will then be invited to complete an enrolment form which will be given to you child and return it to the Orleans Park Finance Department together with payment of £40 via ParentPay.
- You will then also be invited to join the DofE Google Classroom to keep up-to-date with the latest news and information
If you have any questions regarding your application, please email our DofE Team at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Expedition Kit List
Bronze DofE Assessor Cards
Your assessor can complete the Bronze Level Assessor Cards above or submit their report online by following the link below. They will need to know your name, your eDofE number, the section and level they are assessing, the duration of the section (3 or 6 months) and the start and end dates.
DofE Assessor Link